Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
To all citizens of the European Union in Tajikistan
The German embassy in Dushanbe would like to inform all citizens of the European Union in Tajikistan and their family members of the following:
· On April 30, the Government of Tajikistan confirmed the presence of COVID-19 in the country. Sources of data related to the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths may be incomplete, but Tajikistan is experiencing widespread community transmission.
· Most institutions and businesses are allowed to re-open by June 15: various state institutions, private businesses, restaurants, beauty salons and hairdressers.
Please be aware that
Ø Re-opening businesses could lead to a new spike in COVID-19 cases.
Ø Access to medical care Tajik hospitals and clinics may be limited.
Ø Medical evacuation, even for those who are insured, may not be possible due to the lack of commercial flights in and out of Tajikistan.
· The Tajik government has introduced new, mandatory requirements for the use of masks in public, including while inside a vehicle. Failure to wear a facial mask in public or in a vehicle may be subject to a fine.
Entry and Exit Document Requirements:
· The Dushanbe International Airport is currently closed. It is not known when the airport will reopen. Despite media reports that Turkish Airlines and other commercial carriers are interested in re-establishing commercial routes with Tajikistan, the Tajik Civil Aviation Agency has not announced a timetable for re-opening the airport.
· The Government of Tajikistan has extended the validity of all visa categories to July 1. EU- citizens interested in leaving Tajikistan once commercial flights are resumed should ensure that their Tajik visa is still valid prior to booking travel. EU-citizens should contact the Main Consular Department at 227-6363 located on 34 Pushkin Street, Dushanbe to extend visas as necessary.
· The Government of Tajikistan frequently adjusts its entry and exit requirements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and changes to policy are not immediately made available to the public.
· Currently, all incoming travelers to Tajikistan are subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a Tajik facility.
· Quarantine locations may depend on availability of space and the port of entry.
· Tajikistan is currently taking oral and nasal swabs for COVID-19 testing upon arrival at a port of entry.
German Embassy Dushanbe